Stafford resident injured by exploding shotgun shell

by | Apr 18, 2022 | Police and Fire

The Stafford Sheriff’s Office says a Stafford resident received minor injuries after an out of control fire set off a discarded shotgun shell Friday afternoon.

First responders were dispatched to an out of control fire on Indian View Court. An adult male was burning leaves in a fire pit and the fire escaped to a nearby hillside. The investigation revealed a live shotgun shell had been left on the ground and exploded from the heat, causing a pellet to strike the adult male.  The man was treated for a minor injury and the Fire Marshall’s Office investigated the incident.

Subscribe To Daily News Updates

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news from The Free Press

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Share This