Fire in Dale City caused by second floor space heater

by | Feb 1, 2023 | Police and Fire

Prince William Fire and Rescue says  units were dispatched to the 13000 block of Redstone Drive (Dale City) for a reported house fire on Tuesday afternoon. Crews arrived with smoke showing and occupants out of the structure. No injuries were reported. The single-family dwelling sustained moderate damage displacing 2 adults and one child. The Red Cross provided assistance. The Fire Marshal’s Office contributed the cause of the fire to a space heater located in a second floor converted home office.
The Fire Marshal’s Office warns everyone to use caution whenever utilizing space heaters. Do not leave unattended, keep combustibles at least 3 feet away, and isolate from small children and pets.
Photo courtesy Prince William Fire and Rescue

Subscribe To Daily News Updates

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news from The Free Press

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Share This