From the City of Fredericksburg:
Know Before You Go – Fredericksburg Christmas Parade
On Saturday, December 2nd, Fredericksburg will play host to one of our favorite Holiday traditions: the Fredericksburg Christmas Parade. Beginning at 5:30pm, guests can border the sidewalks of downtown Fredericksburg to enjoy the over-75 groups participating in the Parade. Here are a few tips to Know Before You Go to the Parade:
- Parking will be strictly limited in downtown Fredericksburg. There will be no parking allowed starting at 2pm, and the streets will close at 3:30pm. Be advised that once you park downtown, you will not be able to move your car until after the Parade. Make sure that you park in an open space; No Parking signs will be prevalent throughout downtown. Carpooling to the Parade is highly encouraged. There will be handicapped parking available at the VRE drop-off, and garage parking will be $2.00 per car for the first three hours, and $1 for each additional hour (the maximum day rate is $8).
- When planning to go to the Parade, know that all viewing locations will be on a first come, first serve basis, and will fill up quickly. We recommend finding a spot early, and welcome you to bring blankets and lawn chairs. The Parade can be viewed on downtown sidewalks, with the exception of the sidewalk in front of the courthouse.
- Unless there are safety concerns from the weather, the Parade will take place rain or shine. On the off chance that the Parade is canceled, it will not be rescheduled.
- Portable restrooms will be set up throughout the Parade, and permanent restrooms are available at the Fredericksburg Visitor Center, and City Hall.
- While dogs are allowed downtown, we discourage bringing them due to the large volume of guests. If you bring your dog, they are required to be on a leash.
- No alcohol, marijuana, or illegal substances are permitted at the Parade. Using any such substances will result in immediate removal.
- Lost and Found will be managed by a parade representative at the judges stand, where lost children will also be transferred to.
- The point-of-contact for the Parade will be Fredericksburg Parks & Recreation at 540-372-1086 or [email protected].
We always have a great time with the Christmas Parade, and cannot wait for you to enjoy it as well. If you would like to volunteer, you can sign up here.